Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Annual Freedom Fund Banquet 2011

Since Bo is running for District 4 Supervisor in Jackoson County Curly Clark invited us to attend the Moss Point Jackson County Branch NAACP Annual Freedom Fund Banquet 2011. I want to take this opportunity to thank Mr. Clark for his invitation and thank the NAACP for a lovely evening.

I had a chance to talk with Bill Luckett (Democrat) and his wife briefly, they were seated at the President's table so I was unable to talk with them after the banquet got started as well as Ron Williams (Republican) who was seated at my table. I was able to enjoy conversing with Ron Williams, his wife Towana and their son Jeffrey throughout the evening. Unfortunately I disagree with Mr. Williams on several important policy issues. Both men are running for Governor of Mississippi.

Both Melton Harris (Jackson County District 2 Supervisor) and Mike Mangum (Jackson County District 3 Supervisor) were at the banquet. Greta Hearndon who is running for Jackson County Tax Assessor and her husband were there, as well as many other candidates I didn't have a chance to speak with.

The guest speaker was Fred L. Banks, Jr a former Mississippi Supreme Court Justice

No comments: